December 31, 2020
Good evening families and friends of White Pass School District,
To maintain a safe learning environment for our students and staff, we are following the December 16, 2020 updated “In-Person Learning Guidance” from the governor and Washington State Department of Health. We will be making a shift in our learning model effective Monday, January 4.
Following this guidance, the White Pass School District will be operating through a staggered
return to on-site instruction:
• Grades K-3rd will return for full-day instruction on January 4th
• Preschool students will also be returning January 4 and will follow their normal schedule.
• Grades 4th – 12th will return for online instruction only.
Special Education students and students in need of Internet Access will be able to access services on-site.
**Building staff will be reaching out with further details
We plan for Grades 4-12 to return as follows:
- The target return date for Grades 4th – 6th using their AB/Hybrid model is Tuesday, Jan 19.
- The target return date for Grades 7th – 12th using their AB/Hybrid model is after semester break on Monday, February 1.
Additionally, Food Service will continue throughout this time.
- K-3rd will receive meals at school.
- Grades 4th -12th will receive food bundles.
- As additional grades return to in-person instruction, meals at school for on-site students and food bundles for off-site students will continue.
Further information concerning times and locations for food delivery will be forthcoming.
Thank you again for your support, as we together look forward to the hope for resuming in-person instruction later in January for Grades 4-6 and after semester break in February for Grades 7-12.
Take care of yourself and each other. Stay healthy and safe.
Dr. Paul Farris
White Pass Superintendent