The Principal's Corner: April 22nd - 26th
“Growth is actually contagious, so if you want to reach your goals, you’ve got to get around people who are going in the same direction you want to be going, and you will catch the success.” —Dr. Henry Cloud
I absolutely agree. Let us get moving in the same direction. No more excuses, no more obstacles, no more fear, and no more I can't. Together we can! Together we win!
-Thank you, Danya, Shar, and Beth. We appreciate all the work you put into the Evening of Excellence.
-Thank you, Scott, for the use of your room on Tuesday for the ALICE Training.
-Thank you, Pretrina for prepping all week for state testing.
-Thank you, Maureen, for taking the kiddos to Central! GO WILDCATS!
Week in Review:
Monday- Leadership Team Meeting, HI Cap Meeting, Grades due, Easter Monday, HS BB vs Rainier @ White Pass, HS FP vs Rainier @ White Pass, GEARUP Dinner at Glenoma, Staff Meeting in the Morning
Tuesday- GEARUP Dinner at Packwood, HS Track @ Chief Leschi
Wednesday- Power Examples of Excellence, ALE Committee Meeting,
Thursday- Admin Meeting,
Friday- Service and Support, HS to Mossyrock, Early Release-Staff Go Home, HS BB @ Napavine, HS FP @ Napavine
1. On Friday, the 9th - 12th graders go to Mossyrock for a Crash Simulation.
All HS Staff will be attending. The Buses leave at 8:10. and return by 1:00.
Every student and staff member will need to bring a sack lunch. Mossyrock will provide an area for us to each lunch at.
-The kitchen will need to know who needs lunches by Tuesday Morning.
2. There is a possibility of a long assembly schedule on either Wednesday or Thursday. The Washington State Patrol would like to conduct a Driver's Awareness Assembly to prep our students for the mock crash simulation. I am waiting to hear back from the Trooper.
3. Monday, the Hi-Cap Cooperative will be holding their April meeting at our district. We will be in room 205 from 11:00 to 3:00.
4. Wednesday is the Powerful Examples of Excellence in Mossyrock. All the tickets have been utilized, but you are still invited to attend. The student introductions will start around 7 pm.
5. Grades are due, Monday at 8.
6. On Friday, Mr. G will be working for me. I will be at Mossyrock till 11 then I need to leave to attend a training workshop in Seattle.
7. AM Staff meeting Monday morning.
CEL to Ponder:
SE1 Student Engagement – Intellectual Work: Quality of questioning
Teacher frequently asks questions to probe and deepen students’ understanding or uncover misconceptions. The teacher assists students in clarifying and assessing their thinking with one another. Students question one another to probe for deeper thinking.
A Little Humor:
-What's orange and sounds like a parrot? A carrot. -Did you hear about the Italian chef that died? He pasta way. -Why couldn't the bicycle stand up? Because it was two tired! -Parallel lines have so much in common. It’s a shame they’ll never meet. -On the 7th day, God rested ... Chuck Norris took over.